Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fluttering Butterfly

 
When I saw this stamp in the new SU mini catalog I knew I had to own it!  I love how this butterfly image is so big and bold....it would be great in Scrapbook pages but today I used it on a card and I love how it turned out!   I was a little bummed though, as I used my last piece of vellum to make this card and I wanted to do this in various colors.  I guess I'll have to restock my vellum before I can make more!


This card measures a little larger than my typical cards ...measuring at 4 1/2 by 6 1/4.  (I bought the envelopes for this sized  card at my local Walmart.)

Pool party, basic grey and naturals white are the colors I used and I kept the design simple as the butterfly image doesn't need much to make a "wow" card.

The butterfly image is stamped on the card stock and then on a piece of vellum.  That was embossed with iridescent ice then cut out and adhered to the card.  I pinched the wings up so they would move when the card was handled.



The inside is finished off with the butterfly image and a birthday greeting.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}
 

8 comments:

JustMe said...

Beautiful!

JustMe said...

Beautiful!

Patti said...

Stunning card. Love how beautiful the butterfly looks on the vellum.

The Archiving Angel said...

Wow!! STunning!!!
Love that stamp too. You sure made great use of it. Every time I see your creations, it makes me want it along with everything you use to make it!
:)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love the embossing. When you emboss, do you usually use craft ink or Versamark? This appears to have a depth of color. Thank you for always posting such beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for always posting such beautiful work! I was wondering, when you emboss do you usually use a craft ink or Versamark? This this one looks like it has color. I can only assume you use craft ink. You're embossing is always so beautiful, I can never quite seem to replicate it! LOL

YourFellowStamper said...

Amazing card! What did you use for the corners of the pool party paper?

YourFellowStamper said...

Amazing Card! What did you use for the corners of the pool party paper?