Monday, August 13, 2012

Lordy lordy, Looks who 40!


This is the last card I made using the tri-fold design.  I had a request for a Birthday card for an upcoming milestone of turning 40 and she wanted it to be extra special to mark the occasion.  Immediately I thought of the the tri fold design.

This card was designed for a man so I used soft sued, early espresso and natural ivory as the main color scheme.  The designer paper is retired from SU from the Thoroughly Modern pack.  The card measures 5 1/2 by 12 when stretched out...5 1/2 by 4 when folded.


The large cupcake image is from my BG stamp from SU called Simple Birthday Thanks.  I stamped it once once of soft suede and once on ivory, cut each image out then adhered them to the card using dimensional adhesive.  I added the chipboard numbers at the bottom and a cherry on top with topaz colored gems for sprinkles.


The inside used my new SU dies's and the sentiments are from the set called Bring on the Cake.

Each piece is added with dimensional adhesive and has topaz colored crystals to finish off the  look.

This card folds up perfectly and fits into a regular A-2 envelope.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}


3 comments:

JustMe said...

lol cute!

GCgirl said...

Love the tri-fold design and all the dimension to the card!

The Archiving Angel said...

So fabulous! Love the dimension of it & the tri-fold aspect.