Thursday, August 23, 2012

Autumn Sunflower

 
I love this set from last years SU catalog called Day of Gratitude and when I saw this sketch from Create with Connie and Mary I immediately thought of using this set.


Here is a picture of the sketch I followed.....

 
  
I used early espresso, naturals ivory and dusty durango for my CS.  Some retired DSP plus the new core'dinations CS from SU was used as well.  I love this new paper....I embossed it with a wood grain embossing folder, also from SU, then lightly sanded with and voila...instant tree bark!


The designer paper was cut to various sizes, distressed and sponged, then added to the card using dimensional adhesive.  I also added some twill.


The flower image was stamped 3 times, and each image was cut down to create a 3 layer flower.  I added a decorative brad to the center.


The inside of the card was finished off by adding a stamped sentiment.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}

 

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!! And I'm totally caseing you, lol! LOVE IT!!

Hugs!

JustMe said...

Very Elegant!

The Archiving Angel said...

Oh wow, I love this! You really made this look like a work of art you would purchase at a high end boutique. I am loving the detail both in & out.