Monday, January 2, 2012

With Sympathy....


Here is another card using the SU sets called Apothecary Art and Loving Thoughts....and you guessed it...it's paired with the new DSP called Everyday Enhancement.  

I started with a card base of soft suede CS. I used DSP for the BG that is matted with some crumb cake CS.


A another piece of DSP from the same pack was sponged and matted with soft suede and then ribbon was added at the top. I used some vanilla crochet ribbon as well as some ruffle grosgrain ribbon. That was all adhered to the card base using dimensional adhesive.

My image was stamped using early espresso craft ink. I clear embossed it then colored in the flowers and leaves using my watercolor wonder crayons and aqua painter. The frame was cut out and matted with calypso coral and soft suede CS.


Lastly I stamped my image once more, a well as the sentiment. Each of the flowers were colored in then cut out and adhered to the main image using glue dots. I cut out the sentiment and added that to the card with dimensional adhesive.


The inside was finished off by adding a stamped sentiment from a SU stamp set called Thoughts & Prayers. I used my labels framelits on that and added some ribbon too.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the little things you do - layering the flowers, stamping/layering on the sentiment inside, DSP layering. They all add up to beautiful. tfs.

airbornewife said...

What a beauty Nikki... oh so pretty. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Patti said...

Beautiful. Love the colors you used as well as the card design.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very pretty!! This set is one of my faves from the new mini! Great job!!!

JustMe said...

Just beautiful

Katherine said...

I love this new DSP, it may be the only thing I order more than once for the upcoming sale-a-bration!

Ann Schach said...

This is such a gorgeous sympathy card, Nikki! A serene, vintage look!

The Archiving Angel said...

Wow, a delight for the senses. This card is so lovely.
Your details leap off the card.
Love it!!!

Smiles, Laurie said...

THis is beautiful, just like all of your cards!