Friday, October 7, 2011

Ticket to my Heart


Happy Friday! I actually got to sleep in today...if you can call getting up at 7 a.m sleeping in.  My kids are on "Fall Break"  (I know...what?...fall break)!  They had yesterday and today off for parent teacher conferences  and then this whole coming week.  I will literally have no food left by the time they return next week!  LOL   Majority of it, I'm sure, will be eaten by my son!


Anyways...today I'm going to share with you a card I made using the Mojo Monday sketch. This week I'm actually posting it on time! SHOCKER!!!! Here is a picture of the sketch I followed....
I started with a card base of basic grey for this card.   The background uses some Basic Grey DSP from their pack called Love Nest.  Each strip on the DSP is lightly glittered so it's super glitzy IRL.

I then added another piece of DSP from the Love Nest collection....that was matted with some blushing bride CS.  I adhered that to the card using dimensional adhesive.

Some basic grey and sahara sand CS was cut into an ornate frame using my nestabilities.  They were sponged then added to the card with dimensional adhesive.


I added some cream seam binding ribbon at the top corner then adhered all that to the card base.

The tickets were created with my stamps from Close to My Heart called Just the Ticket.  I stamped them in a row, using sahara sand for the BG and basic black for the words.  They were embossed then I cut them out and sponged them before adding them to the card with glue dots.

Lastly I inked up some chipboard hearts with bravo burgundy and pretty in pink craft ink.  They were clear embossed then added to a the card with crystal effects. 

The inside was finished off by added some very vanilla CS and a stamped sentiment.

If you like this card check out my ETSY

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}


7 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love it!! You did such a fantastic job on it too!

I've been printing out the Mojo Sketch for weeks, but can't seem to get it together! Ugh!! Someday....

airbornewife said...

oh so pretty... love all the elements you used. Thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty. Love all the details. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

GCgirl said...

Very pretty...LOVE the tickets :-)

The Archiving Angel said...

So lovely!
Hope all is going well.
Crafty best,
Sonia

JustMe said...

Cute!

The Archiving Angel said...

As always great use of the sketch. This card is lovely.