Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stamping 411 sketch...Just Beclause!

I've officially made my first Christmas card for the season! I know it's extremely early but this is about the time of year when I start to get antcy to get all my Christmas images out and start playing! By the time the actual holiday gets here, I'm sure like every year before I'll be thoroughly sick of making Christmas cards! LOL It's always nice, though to make the first few.

Anyways, this card today uses the sketch from Stamping 411. When I saw this sketch I immediately thought of my over sized felt snowflakes I have and thought they would be perfect for the circle in the sketch. Here is a picture of the sketch I followed...



...and here is the card I made using this sketch...





The stamp st I used for this is a retired SU called Just Beclause. This was definitely a favorite of mine from the Holiday Mini last year.

I started with a card base of basic black CS. I then added some Holiday Lounge DSP for the BG matted with some white CS. I added some black stain ribbon around that and then adhered that to the card base.

Next I layered a large felt snowflake with a smaller red snowflake together with a white brad. That was adhered to the card with glue dots.



I stamped the image using basic black craft ink and clear embossed it. That was colored in with my watercolor wonder crayons and aqua painter. I stamped the image once more on some scrap white Cs and colored it in the same way. The Santa was cut out then adhered to the main image with dimensional adhesive. I added some glitter to Santa's hat and coat fur using my two glue pen for adhesive. That was matted with basic black CS and I added my greeting at the bottom.



The inside was finished off by adding some white CS and stamping the rest of my sentiment. I also added an image that comes with the set using my black ink and markers to color it in.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}


9 comments:

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

And what a gorgeous christmas card you have made.
eeek Christmas is getting closer.
Kristy xx

Selene Kempton said...

So darn cool! I love the snowflake in place of the circle element!

Patti Chesky said...

I really need to get stamping my holiday cards too! If a make a few each week, I won't get stressed out in December.

I love how you used the snowflake for your circle element. It's so striking!

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is too fun!! Love the huge snowflakes too!! Thanks for playing along!!

Kerin said...

This is awesome! I especially love the sparkle on Santa's coat, and also that you finished off the inside of the card :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Such a fun card. I'm so glad you shared it with all of us. I just love the big snowflake.

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...love the snowflake for the circle element! Great job!

gbarron56 said...

love the giant snowflake -- perfect accompaniment for Santa! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! We hope you'll be sharing more with us soon! Blessings, Gretchen

JustMe said...

Cute! Won't be long and I can start listening to my Christmas music! LOL