Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stamping 411...Thoughts and Prayers

Two posts in one day...someone check my temperature! HAHAHA...It's been a long time since I've been motivated to sit long enough to type out two post but I just couldn't wait to post my Stampin 411 card I made. I love the sketch they had this week...the only trouble I had was deciding which stamp set I would like to use for it! I ultimately decided to go with one I haven't used in a while from Stampin' Up! called Thoughts and Prayers. First let me share with you the sketch I followed....


..........and here is what I came up with...
I started out by choosing my DSP which is from my new Sweet Pea pack. I used the corner rounder on all 4 sides of that and matted it onto some rose red CS. That was then adhered to a card base of soft sued CS.

Next I added a strip of soft suede CS that is matted with some pretty in pink CS. The scalloped trim border punch was used along the bottom of that and some satin pretty in pink ribbon was added down the center. That was adhered to the card with dimensional adhesive.

I then inked up my image using mellow moss craft ink. That was stamped onto some whisper white CS then clear embossed. I then stamped the image once more on some scrap white CS using rose red craft ink. That was embossed with iridescent ice to give it some shimmer, which unfortunately is hard to see in this photo. I cut out each flower and adhered that to the main image using mini glue dots.

The ticket corner punch was used on all four corners and then I matted it with some rose red and soft sued CS. The corner rounder was used on those two layers. Matching brads were added to each corner. I adhered that to the card with dimensional adhesive.

Lastly I added the greeting, which is from my retired SU set called Best Yet. That was stamped with rose red and punched out with my circle punch. I matted that with a soft suede circle and rose red scalloped circle.

The inside was finished off by adding a computer printed sentiment on white CS. That was matted with a piece of pretty in pink CS and stamped with the floral image on the bottom with pretty in pink ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

{SMILES}

12 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

Nikki, this is absolutely gorgeous. The dsp, the colors, the accessories you've used....perfection!!!

Kristy Young said...

Gorgeous card, so glad you posted to posts in one day yay.
Kristy x

Alex said...

It turned out beautiful Nikki - wow!!! Love the soft colors. *STAMPIN HUGS Alex

JustMe said...

Oh wow, this is just beautiful!

Robin Merriman said...

Gorgeous Nikki! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

Connie said...

Pretty card, Nikki! LOVE it!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card, Nikki! I love the colors.

Selene Kempton said...

Bright and Beautiful! I just love it!

Kerin said...

I can understand why you wanted to post this card right away, it's SO pretty! Love the colors you used. Congrats on being an operators' pick this week, and thanks for sharing :)

Kay Kalthoff said...

A beautiful card!! Congratulations on being featured at Stamping 411 - whoo hoo!
Kay

Corie said...

This is so elegant -- love the inside too, so pretty!!

ArchivingAngel said...

Just smashing!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sonia