Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Simple Christmas Classics

Happy Veterans Day everyone! I hope you all had a great long weekend!.... I've spent the weekend tending to a sick child. My son has had a come and go temperature since Saturday night. It topped 103.2 last night so first thing this morning I took him to the Doctors. I had a feeling he had strep throat. Unfortunately our clinics were closed today because of the Holiday so I had to take him to the emergency room. Two and half hours later (ughhhhh) we left with the diagnosis of strep throat with amoxicillin in hand! He hasn't had another fever today though so I'm happy about that! Now I just pray my other kids or myself don't come down with it!

Now onto my cards for the day. I used Christmas Classics for both of these cards and tried to keep them extremely quick and simple in design.

For this one I stamped my ornaments using baroque burgundy ink onto whisper white CS and also stamped the greeting. I then used my aqua painter to smear some of the burgundy ink inside of the ornaments which gave the color a more diluted look then the outline. I used my ticket corner punch on the edges then matted that onto some bravo burgundy CS. I added some brads to the corners.

The card base is done with bravo burgundy CS and I used some always artichoke for the BG. I used my scallop edge punch along the bottom. I then added some whisper white ribbon and adhered the ornament image with dimensional adhesive.

For my second card I used the same stamp set but this time the stars. I stamped the stars using basic brown ink onto some so saffron CS.
I then cut those out and set them aside for later.

The card base is done with chocolate chip CS. I used a strip of so saffron along the center and stressed the images. I then punched some chocolate chip circle, adhered them and added the stars with some dimensional adhesive.

Lastly I stamped my greeting from my Season of Joy set with basic brown ink then punched it out using my oval punch.

These cards were super fast to complete...definitely not a "norm" for me! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by today! {SMILES}



Supplies: SU stamp set Christmas classics and Season of Joy. SU CS in bravo burgundy, always artichoke, whisper white, chocolate chip, so saffron. SU ink in baroque burgundy, basic brown. Distressor, sponge, oval punch, circle punch, scallop edge punch, ticket corner punch, brads, ribbon, dimensional adhesive, aqua painter.

3 comments:

JustMe said...

Pretty cards! Sorry to hear about the strep throat, yikes, hopefully it won't make it's way around the family.

Alexandra said...

Oooooh, strep throat - sorry to hear THAT!!! Your cards are gorgeous though Nikki, I especially like the one with the stars, it has a great antique look! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kristy said...

Both cards are gorgeous NIkki